Available to any graduating high school senior, current college student or recent college graduate.
The Midnight Golf Program (MGP) is dedicated to equipping determined young adults through life skills training, proactive coaching, long-term mentoring and the discipline of golf in order to succeed in college, in their careers and beyond.
MGP is seeking a part-time Fund Development Intern as part of the John Shippen Fellowship Program to assist with day-to-day fundraising, marketing and communication activities. This is a great opportunity for anyone interested in pursuing a career in philanthropy, marketing or public relations.
Education, Experience and Skills
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Must be an effective communicator.
- Great storytellers preferred.
- Excellent writing, editing and proof-reading skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work collaboratively with a dynamic team.
- Interested in implementing new systems and strategies to enhance fundraising and strengthen the organization.
- Proficient in MS Office, with an emphasis on Word and Excel. Experience in using a database system, including Gift Works or similar database a plus.
- Excellent administrative skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage gift processing activities.
- Enter contributions and reports into database systems and maintain and continually update the donor and financial institution database systems, ensuring data accuracy and system integrity.
- Process timely gift acknowledgment letters and tax receipts.
- Produce routine and custom reports in support of fundraising and marketing efforts.
- Conduct prospect and donor research.
- Assist in planning events.
- Assist in the production and mailing of appeals.
- Assist in the production and mailing of recognition materials and Annual Reports.
- Assist with social media opportunities.
- Support other staff in supporting and responding to the Board, committees, donors and other stakeholders.
- Provide general administrative support and other duties as assigned.
MGP is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women and LGBTQ individuals.