Intersport is an independent media and marketing firm, specializing in property creation, content production and robust marketing services that span digital, sponsorship, experiential and hospitality.
Intersport has been creating innovative, world-class entertainment platforms centered on passion points for 36 years. Our distinctive model powers bold marketing solutions from scratch. With disciplines in culinary, esports, leadership, lifestyle and sports, Intersport partners with brands who want to connect with passionate audiences in original, lasting ways.
Inertsport’s Featured Work
- The Rocket Mortgage Classic
The Rocket Mortgage Classic is Detroit’s own spectacle on the PGA TOUR that golf fans regard as a “can’t-miss” event.
- Mortal Kombat 11 x Warner Bros
With more than 90 million total players worldwide, Mortal Kombat is one of the most popular franchises in the history of gaming. For its latest title, Mortal Kombat 11, Warner Bros. entrusted Intersport to create and operate its professional esports event circuit. Featuring monthly competitions across the world broadcast live on Twitch and a total prize pool of $250,000 for the Mortal Kombat 11 Pro Kompetition.
Location: Chicago, IL (Location Flexible/303 E Wacker Dr., Suite 2200)
Type: Full-time, non-permanent/six-month position
Division: Strategic Partnerships
Reports to: Director, Strategic Partnerships
Start date: Spring/Summer, 2021
If “Location Flexible” is listed in the Location, the role can be located in any of the states where Intersport is authorized to do business.** Some roles, however, may have to be co-located with their teams in certain locations. Please work with your recruiter and your hiring manager to understand any location constraints of a particular role and to communicate your location preferences.
**Intersport is authorized to do business in the following states: IL, MI, MA, CT, NY, WI, IN, NJ, NC, FL, CO, CA, and PA. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Intersport is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.
Intersport, a leader in sports, entertainment, and lifestyle marketing and media for over three decades, provides expertise in the areas of:
- Agency Services: sponsorship consulting, experiential marketing, content marketing, and hospitality
- Properties – owned-and-operated media properties and live sports and lifestyle properties
Intersport is seeking to add a smart and driven Trainee to its Strategic Partnerships team. The Strategic Partnerships team leads sponsorship and media sales efforts for Intersport’s owned-and-operated and represented properties. The Trainee will be responsible for providing high quality deliverables to our internal team in the form of PowerPoint presentations (e.g. decks), research, leads, and administrative matters.
The Trainee program is the means for entry-level hiring for Intersport. A Trainee position is full-time, with salary and benefits, and covers a period of six months. At the conclusion of the six-month period, a Trainee is hired on to a permanent position based on a number of factors: a Trainee’s personal performance, Intersport company performance, and macroeconomic conditions. A Trainee position is by definition a training position – one in which they will be taught while doing real work. A Trainee must make a discernable impact and prove themselves; it is not in any way an internship position. The Trainee program is competitive by design and its purpose is hire the very best entry-level talent and grow that talent into a permanent team member.
- Professional football
- NFL “Championship Chase” series: “Playoff Push,” “Wildcard Weekend,” “Division Playoffs,” “Conference Supremacy” broadcast programs
- College football
- “Under Armour All-America High School Football Game” platform
- College basketball
- “American Family Insurance H.S. Slam Dunk & 3-Point Championships” event
- “Dos Equis 3X3U National Championship” event
- “Rocket Mortgage by Quicken Loans Fort Myers Tip-Off” event
- “State Farm College Slam Dunk & 3-Point Championships” event
- Intersport culinary-focused experiential and content partnerships
- James Beard Foundation Awards program and Holiday program
- Rocket Mortgage Classic PGA TOUR event
- The John Shippen
- World Champions Cup
- Trades Championships
- Embodies and reflects Intersport’s performance-based culture and commits him/herself and team to the highest standards for all agency work
- Works effectively with cross-functional teams to deliver executional excellence
- With direction from senior team members, produces online/desk research in support of developing a high volume of quality sales leads that enable senior team members to conduct targeted sales outreach
- Makes edits to PowerPoint presentations (e.g. decks) with a high-level aesthetic and an exacting level of detail
- Provides research and project management for a variety of ad hoc assignments for the Strategic Partnerships team
- Provide administration support and prep and follow-up materials for prospect/client meetings and following events
- Creates and maintains administrative documents in a clear, concise and detailed manner
- Assist Properties team in the oversight of property events including coordination and communication between Intersport departments and external prospects/clients
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Zero (0) to one (1) years’ experience in a marketing role at an agency, brand, media company, sports or entertainment property, or related organization
- Strong interest in the sports and entertainment marketing landscape, specifically sponsorship sales
- Demonstrated ability to conduct online/desk research
- Graphic design capabilities (e.g. Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign) a plus
- Ability to manage multiple programs/projects concurrently, inclusive of a detail oriented and organized approach
- Application of superior prioritization and time-management skills
- Ability to produce high quality work at a fast pace
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proactive, team player with a strong work ethic
- Exemplary written and oral communication skills
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint and Word; proficiency in Excel
- Ability to travel for business on trips typically lasting between three (3) and four (4) days (note: such trips might occur one to two times annually)
Intersport is an Equal Opportunity Employer